2011/03/17

LaChapelle Goes South of the Border! (as of 09.01.25)

 Party at God's House!! -Tepoztlan
 Pyramid of the Sun and Moon, Teoihuacan
 Orozco, you take my breath away.
 I guess the reason behind "Don't drink the water."
 Not sure what I did to attract so much attention, picture turned out a little less candid than I had anticipated...
 I love the colors of Mexico.  Its looks like a ready-made LaChapelle.  This is on the river at Xochimilco.  
 Some well deserved R & R.
 Goodbye Ciudad de Mexico.  You look disturbing like LA from above, sprawling.
 Returning home to LA in flames, the sky burning pink from smoke in sunset.
Ingrid, this last horrible picture, probably the worst picture I've ever taken, is for you.  You hiked up a black mountain in the middle of the night, for hours, guided only by cell phone light.  All so I could take one bad picture.  That's how I know its love.  It's a pity they decided to fence off that pyramid at Tepoztlan, but I can't remember the last time I had so much fun not shooting.  Many thanks to Ms. Barajas, Abel and all of the 212 Productions crew for putting together LaChapelle's amazing exhibitions in Mexico City and Guadalajara.

2 comments:

  1. I´m Speechless... my love to you. THese are some great memories of when our romance started!!! And it´s still beginning ... my kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garret,
    You know me, I do prefer people photos to things - but you make the "things" actually interesting. As such, I want to note that the shot of David, Amanda, and Fred leaning against the wall is amazing. Your ability to capture culture never ceases to amaze me. I hope you're well sir.
    -Austen

    ReplyDelete